The city of Bourgas came into existence almost 2000 years ago. At first it served as a trade and military settlement of the town of Apollonia ( Sozopol ). Most of the residents were military veterans. The town had various military and fishermen towers, which led to its name being “Pyrgos,” meaning ‘tower.’ Slight changes lead to the nowadays name of the city. Bourgas, the current name, is connected to the writings of Ottoman historians, who mention it for the first time in 17th century. Until the end of the 19th century...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers