Distance: 45 km Type: one-day trip One of the places near Sofia that has turned into a fishermen’s heaven is Iskur dam. The dam is also a favorite of everyone willing to escape from Sofia and to enjoy peaceful atmosphere and beautiful nature. Fishermen can catch trout, carp, sheat-fish, pike and perch. Everyone can hire a boat or a jet. The dam is located on Iskur River. It provides Sofia with water and is used in electricity production. The idea for the construction of the dam was initially given in 1900 and geological...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers