Distance: 45 km Type: one-day trip One of the places near Sofia that has turned into a fishermen’s heaven is Iskur dam. The dam is also a favorite of everyone willing to escape from Sofia and to enjoy peaceful atmosphere and beautiful nature. Fishermen can catch trout, carp, sheat-fish, pike and perch. Everyone can hire a boat or a jet. The dam is located on Iskur River. It provides Sofia with water and is used in electricity production. The idea for the construction of the dam was initially given in 1900 and geological...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions