Distance: 20 km Type: one-day trip Once you head from Asenovgrad to Chepelare , you will notice a tall cliff and the silhouette of Asenova fortress that stands as if protecting the road. The fortress gained strategic importance during the Middle Ages. Its church named St. Bogoroditsa Petrichka is excellently preserved. Visitors can also explore a stone writing that serves as evidence of the connection of the fortress to Bulgarian tsar Ivan Asen. The writing says: In the year 1231 the Godly chosen Asen, tsar of Bulgarians,...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers