Only 19 km away from the city of Plovdiv , you will find the town that is probably most popular for its wedding dress production. This town is Asenovgrad. It is worth paying a visit to Asenovgrad, even if you lack intentions to purchase a wedding dress. The settlement appeared in the 7th century and carried the Greek name Stenimahos. Some believe that the Greek root of the word means that the settlement formed after fierce battles. Other versions focus on the location of the town in the gorge of Chaia River. One of the most important roads to...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions