Distance: 18 km Type: one-day trip Aladzha Monastery is a rock sanctuary situated in the Varna region. It is one of the best preserved rock Christian complexes in Bulgaria. The word “aladzha” has Turkish origin and means “colorful.” The monastery was probably created in the 12th or 13th century but was later on abandoned. An outdoor staircase will take you to the monk cells carved in the rocks. The complex has its church and chapel, as well. Aladzha Monastery has been named a monument of culture. A small...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers