Distance: 18 km Type: one-day trip Aladzha Monastery is a rock sanctuary situated in the Varna region. It is one of the best preserved rock Christian complexes in Bulgaria. The word “aladzha” has Turkish origin and means “colorful.” The monastery was probably created in the 12th or 13th century but was later on abandoned. An outdoor staircase will take you to the monk cells carved in the rocks. The complex has its church and chapel, as well. Aladzha Monastery has been named a monument of culture. A small...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions