Popovo is a town situated in northeastern Bulgaria, on both banks of Popovska River. The distance to Turgovishte is 36 km, to Rousse – 75 km and to Sofia – 300 km. Locals are very proud of their town and the legend about its establishment, full of romanticism. According to the legend, Popovo was established by a priest who settled there with his numerous children. One winter, snow started falling too soon and a division of the Ottoman army was stranded in the area. The priest offered the soldiers shelter. When spring came, the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions