Popovo is a town situated in northeastern Bulgaria, on both banks of Popovska River. The distance to Turgovishte is 36 km, to Rousse – 75 km and to Sofia – 300 km. Locals are very proud of their town and the legend about its establishment, full of romanticism. According to the legend, Popovo was established by a priest who settled there with his numerous children. One winter, snow started falling too soon and a division of the Ottoman army was stranded in the area. The priest offered the soldiers shelter. When spring came, the...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers