Most people fail recognizing the town of Omourtag as a popular tourism destination. It is located 26 km away from Turgovishte , 66 km away from Shoumen and 78 km away from Veliko Turnovo . Although it is located in the beautiful eastern fore part of Stara Planina Mountain Omourtag remains generally unknown. The earliest signs of settlers in the area date back to the 6th century BC. Later, during the reign of the Byzantine emperor Justinian, the region became part of a larger fortified area. The first written evidence concerning the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions