Sakar can be defined as a relatively small and low mountain. It is located in the southeastern part of Bulgaria and is bordered by four rivers- Maritsa, Toundzha, Sokolitsa and Sazliyska. The mountain has a dome-like structure. Vishegrad peak is its highest point, going up 856 m. Sakar is the home of a number of rare bird species. This determines the mountain as a crucial place for the protection of endangered plant and animal species. Legends tell the story of Indzhe Voivoda, who for a certain time period used the mountain as a shelter. Initially...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions