The river of Veleka is one of the most beautiful and rich in fish rivers in Bulgaria. Veleka originates in Turkey but only the first 23 km of the river flow in the neighboring country. On its way to the Black Sea, Veleka changes several times its type. The river enters the sea through a firth, which channels its slow waters. Though Veleka is a wide and calm river, it is navigable only in the final 10 km before entering the sea. The mouth of Veleka forms one of the most beautiful beaches in Bulgaria, the northern beach of Sinemorets . If you...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions