Verila is one of the smallest mountains in Bulgaria. It is located between the much bigger Rila and Vitosha . The mountain lacks water. Very few rivers flow down its slopes. This characteristic gives its name. Verila comes from ancient Thracian as the opposite of Rila, which on its turn means water mountain. Golyam Debelets is Verila’s highest point, 1415 m. The mountain is part of the climate division between the colder continental climate of the north and the much milder weather of the south. Verila lacks major landmarks. It is...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions