Various rock phenomena can be seen in Vitosha Mountain, just minutes away from the capital city of Sofia . The mountain is known for its so-called stone rivers. Zlatnite Mostove (the golden bridges) is one such natural phenomenon. The stone river ‘flows’ at an altitude of 1500 to 1350m. Large stone blocks, covered by gold lichens, have given the name of Zlatni Mostove. According to another version, the place had some gold deposits. Tourists can have a picnic or sunbathe on the large, smooth stones. Another option is trying to climb...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions